Having a personal website in 2018 is an exercise in vanity. Accordingly, I have decided not to put my actual name on the site. Instead I have dedicated this page to the actual purpose of the Internet: shitposting anonymously.
I do not have a college degree. I was an irresponsible idiot at age 18, and now life is just getting in the way of going back. While I'm amused at the prospect of going back to school just to fuck with college-age whiners who haven't encountered the real world, I find that I can get most of the same benefit from just reading books. I try to read 1-2 books each week.
- Sociology of internet subcultures
- Free software activism and philosophy
- Modern political commentary
- History, particularly classical history
- Science, particularly biology, psychology
- Anthropology, particularly early humans
- Philosophy & politics
- Science fiction
- Grand strategy games (Paradox Interactive, etc)
- Dwarf Fortress (and DF-likes)
- Roguelikes, especially traditional roguelikes
- Find me on the Fediverse at @email@example.com
- Feel free to send hate mail to my inbox at (slphil AT slphil DOT xyz).